With great excitement, we are pleased to announce our new partnership with Activision Blizzard X Tyroo Comet and the opportunities it creates for brands. In the last couple of years, digital advertising has gained momentum, and Marketers have become more aware of the opportunity to market to the gaming industry’s user base and acquire their business. Today, certain verticals within the industry can gain an advantage if gamers are properly marketed.
Siddharth Puri, Founder & CEO of Tyroo, talks about his investment thesis for this partnership and why he thinks now is the right time for advertising in the gaming ecosystem.
1. Activision Blizzard is one of the largest game publishers in the world with some of the highest-grossing games on the App Store and Playstore with more than 100 Million+ Users spread across emerging markets in APAC (India/ Thailand/ Vietnam/ Philippines/ Bangladesh/ Malaysia/ Indonesia ) and with a strong content IP across casual gaming and mid-core gaming portfolios providing a brand-safe environment.
2. Shift in privacy landscape is leading to an increase in competition with a strong need for brands to look outside of Google/Facebook to reach audiences, especially in the 25+ age group as internet platforms are giving more access to younger audiences.
3. As gaming ecosystems see high time spent and ARPU shifting in markets like India, suddenly there is a value of attracting 150 Million E-Commerce friendly audiences.
4. Several brands have invested in building programmatic infrastructure to do a lot more data-driven advertising, which is necessary to go after cohorts of audiences that provide relevance and incrementality, and visually engaging experiences.
5. Activision Blizzard was one of those partners who, over the last few years, has aggressively ramped up their offering to present marketers with solutions to these challenges through programmatic supply chain methods.
6. Brands can reach hard-to-reach audiences through a robust female cohort of audiences who are household decision-makers and have established consumer value exchange experiences beyond OTT usage.
7. Gaming presents a 5 Billion USD Advertising opportunity by 2025 across Emerging Markets in APAC.
8. The pandemic has accelerated the organic growth of digital games as mobile app downloads grew by 50% and user engagement went up by 20%, according to the IAMAI Report.
Tyroo Comet will continue to provide brands with access to audiences and technology infrastructure which enables us to scale ARPU as we grow Tyroo Comet into a large growth marketing platform.